Jared D. Howell
Jared Howell is a trial lawyer who focuses on civil litigation defense. He has extensive experience defending health care institutions and professionals in high-risk medical malpractice litigation, and his efficient and strategic approach to defending these cases is a hallmark of his practice. Jared also represents corporations in complex business and employment matters, as well as municipalities, public utilities, and businesses in condemnation proceedings filed in both federal and state court.
Jared earned his law degree from Washington University School of Law in 2014 where he graduated with honors. He is a member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, among other prestigious organizations.
Jared has been selected as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star for Missouri and Kansas since 2018 in the primary practice area of medical malpractice defense.
In 2022, Jared was chosen for The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, in the primary practice areas of medical malpractice defense and workers compensation defense.
When not practicing law, Jared is heavily involved with his family and in the community. He has continuously served on the Board of Directors for The Child Center since 2016, and is an active member of the O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce, the Western St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, and the Elks Lodge, Local 2587.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury Defense
- Worker’s Compensation Defense
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 2014
- Honors: Dean’s List 2013-2014
- Law Journal: Washington University Journal of Law & Policy
- Southeast Missouri State University
- B.S. – 2010
- Honors: Dean’s List, 2008-2010
- Missouri, 2014
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Charles County Bar Association
- Super Lawyers - Rising Stars list for Missouri and Kansas, 2018-2020
- The Child Center, Inc. Board of Directors, 2016, Present
- Unlimited Play Sponsorship Committee Chair Superhero Dash, 2015
- O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Western St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Elks Lodge, Local 2587, Member
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, Honorable Nannette A. Baker, Intern (Fall, 2013)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Intern to the Honorable Harvey E. Schlesinger (Summer, 2012)