Karen M. Carpenter
Karen Carpenter is a paralegal with broad experience in the health care and litigation fields. She assists in the representation of hospitals, physicians and other health care providers in medical malpractice defense, general tort and contract claims against health care providers and claims related to credentialing and confidentiality of patient records.
She also assists in the representation of personal injury defense, workers’ compensation defense, and defense of general tort claims.
Karen’s experience includes preparation of pleadings, factual investigation, legal and technical research, compiling, organizing and overseeing document production, analyzing and summarizing documents, and review and evaluation of medical records. She assists counsel in trial preparation and appellate practice.
St. Louis Paralegal Association
Primary Practice Areas
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Hamilton Weber LLC
- Hennelly & Associates LLC
Legal Assistant, 2012-2020
- Hazelwood & Weber LLC
Legal Assistant, 1999-2012
- Thompson Coburn LLP f/k/a Thompson & Mitchell
Legal Assistant, 1993-1999
- Curtis, Oetting, Heinz, Garrett & Soule, P.C.
Legal Assistant, 1989-1993
Education and Academic Honors
- Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Studies, Hickey College, 1989
- Paralegal Certificate, St. Charles Community College, 2020